Gellini is a child. Now, what is so special about being a child? We were all children once or we are children now. Maybe we will always be children at heart. Close your eyes and remember how you feel when you receive a gift. It feels good, makes you happy and you feel special. The joy of sharing a gift with a child is even more special and what better place than in the circus!
- Product Update – Gellini’s Special Gift
Gellini’s Special Gift.
Still working on some of the details, but after getting some feed back I’ve been finishing up the tone study for the boarder of Gellini’s Special Gift.
- More Gellini Thumbnail Sketches!
- Gellini: Getting perspective
The first step in designing each page for Gellini’s Special Gift is laying in the perspective and then working in rough sketches of the foreground elements. These are some examples of that first step.
- Gellini’s Special Gift: The Process
Since the inception of Infinite Cortex Creations LLC we knew that our first projects were going to be more of a journey then a race to finish. With that being said I am happy to announce that we have finalized the look for Gellini’s Special Gift. After going back and forth on styles, and debating the value and time of producing high quality illustrations we have landed on a very interesting final look!
We are starting each page digitally. We layout a basic perspective grid, pushing the depth and abstraction of the backgrounds on many pages, while keeping them simple to enhance the feeling of excitement. The fore ground elements, such as Gellini and her ever present friends the hedgehog and Mini Elephant, are sketched digitally and then Joshua Johnson is creating the final fore ground art using traditional water color illustration techniques. We are then scanning the art work and combining them into the final pages. Look for more updates and previews of Gellini’s art coming soon!
- Gellini’s Shoe Sketch
Concept for Gellini’s clown Shoes. Joshua has been doing these off my basic line drawings and I’m especially fond of the subtle, glittery shine in the bow.
- Gellini Character Thumb Nails
Sketching some thumb nails to help develop the characters for Gellini’s Special Gift
- Gellini Concept Art
Josh took Daniel’s basic sketches for Gellini’s parents shoes and applied his masterful digital painting skills to them.
- Gellini’s parent’s shoes
The colors are a little muddy, but these are some of my early sketches for Gallini’s parents shoes.
- Launching the News Stream
In anticipation of launching our website, this is officially our first “News” post! To kick things off here are a couple things we’ve been working on.
- Fat Frog Feast, our first iOS game is coming along nicely! We have been working on coding the menu/UI systems and fly behavioral algorithms. Meanwhile on the art side of things, our look is finalized, the background daytime matt painting is done, and we are putting together some test sprite sheets for the bugs.
- Gellini’s Special Gift, our first children’s book is currently going through design refinement. We are ironing out the details of the characters costume to make them unique and iconic. That way they stand out, while still speaking to the classic circus setting of the story. We have a great new set of clown shoe concept paintings.